Thursday, April 30, 2009

Do You "Get IT"?

I must admit, I don't always get it.

For example, my Dodgers went 1 - 2 to the same Giants that they swept earlier this month. Last night's game was painful for me and my wife. When it came time to switch to the results show for American Idol, there was none of the hesitancy we often feel about switching the game for something else.

However, then we find out that Adam Lambert was on the chopping block with Matt Giraud. So my wife has to spend some suspense filled minutes wondering if Adam will go.

Now if I was going to invest in any of the contestants, my money would be on Mr. Lambert because from my point of view, he "gets it". He understands what show business/the music business is about.

Look at the great artists which are successful over the past 30 - 40 years. They were good or great musicians/singers. They were very good to great when it came to showmanship. It is said that MTV changed the music business because now we saw the artist and the show. You may have loved the album of some artist but you looked forward to the concert and the concerts you LOVED were the ones that displayed the best showmanship.

So Adam Lambert "gets it" and should be the next American Idol.

You know who else "gets it"? Diskeeper does. Diskeeper 2009 is saving time and money for Fortune 500 companies. This is very timely with most companies trying to save money and expenses right now.

Read all about it here: http://www.diskeeper.com/press/releases.aspx?F=2009021801.htm

1 comment:

  1. It was pretty cool though when Manny hit that 99 MPH fast ball! Otherwise I wanted to cry.

    ReplyDelete